I tried to grasp what was expected of us last week and this was so difficult for me. I kept looking at the standards totally lost not sure how to translate the standard into learning objectives. I was confused between ADDIE and Ubd, I didn't understand what they had to do with the standards. I'm thankful for Faye because she has helped me feel less confused. She broke down the Stage 1 plan for me so it was easier for me to understand. So thankfully I got through it! Although I got through stage 1, I'm still worrying about doing the assignment right. More importantly I'm worried about having to do this as a teacher. I keep stressing out about the standards... How can I turn these standards into learning objectives that will make sense? What if I don't cover everything in the standard? A couple times I have looked at the standard and realized that maybe I'm interpreting the standard wrong. Because of these feelings I have been doubting my abilities. It kind of stinks to feel this way. But I'm not giving up, I'm going to keep trying.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Just keep swimming...
I tried to grasp what was expected of us last week and this was so difficult for me. I kept looking at the standards totally lost not sure how to translate the standard into learning objectives. I was confused between ADDIE and Ubd, I didn't understand what they had to do with the standards. I'm thankful for Faye because she has helped me feel less confused. She broke down the Stage 1 plan for me so it was easier for me to understand. So thankfully I got through it! Although I got through stage 1, I'm still worrying about doing the assignment right. More importantly I'm worried about having to do this as a teacher. I keep stressing out about the standards... How can I turn these standards into learning objectives that will make sense? What if I don't cover everything in the standard? A couple times I have looked at the standard and realized that maybe I'm interpreting the standard wrong. Because of these feelings I have been doubting my abilities. It kind of stinks to feel this way. But I'm not giving up, I'm going to keep trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like your background and graphic! Thanks for persevering, Nicole!
ReplyDelete